Pinoydesk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pinoydesk
Pinoydesk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz

+8
Mrcool07
ecasaljr
mayan
CertifiedFreelance
Emz
Mhargic
ggabay
melbz
12 posters

Go down

TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Empty TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz

Post by melbz Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:20 am

TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_razz There is nothing wrong to think big and be scared!
TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_sad Religiously check job posts at odesk that you are sure you are capable of doing. It is nice to be in the first 20 slots than in the 200th slot right??
TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_question Don't look at the budget that much, take it one step at a time. But, if you got bankable specialized skills get the right price range!
TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_exclaim Know what you want, I go for fixed price jobs for time flexibility, hourly jobs yields value for your time by the hour.
TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Confused Think hard before applying...I checked other sites that offer free profile posting and job search and odesk has the most number of Job quota which is 20 per week meaning you can keep applying for 20 job posts per week. USE IT! There is no harm in trying! There are always pros and cons yes but at the end It is YOU who has the last say whether to accept the job or not.
TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_arrow Just THINK POSITiVE....and BELIEVE YOU CAN GET IT!!!

.........mamee melbz is so getting TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Sleep time to sign off...I'll try to post more insights and ideas feel free to reply! GOOD MORNING PHILIPPINES!!!
melbz
melbz

Back to top Go down

TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Empty Re: TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz

Post by ggabay Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi po,

Your advice really helps. I had my 4th reject as of today Sad but as you and other seniors would say there is no harm in trying KEEP trying.

that boosts my spirit to go on
ggabay
ggabay
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Empty Re: TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz

Post by melbz Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 am

GOOD TO KNOW!!! TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_biggrin Don't feel bad about the rejection I have been rejected for alot of times and I lost count! LOL....I am no senior probably in terms of age and thinking I am TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_razz ..... I am a newbie like you!!!

TRY TO APPLY AND USE YOUR 20 JOB APPLICATION QUOTA it doesn't matter if you get rejected at most of them but hey there is always a chance that you can get hired....KEEP TRYING and KEEP SMILING!!!

Thanks!
melbz
melbz

Back to top Go down

Post by ggabay Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi again,

I would just like to share I got my FIRST[u] invite kaso I dont remember applying. It doesnt look like a scam kasi may history na siya and has on going jobs in progress.

frmc Global po....kaso full time job and I am just for PT muna.....Iaccepted the invite but specifically said if ever PT muna....hoping for the best.

salamat again for the advise and words of encouragement cheers bounce
ggabay
ggabay
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbz Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:23 am

congrats!!! break a leg and start earning.... just to share I also got an invite from a buyer and i started working an hour ago... $2/hr but its my first hourly job yehey! LOL ... Keep up the good work and goodluck!!!
melbz
melbz

Back to top Go down

Post by ggabay Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm

sadly no word pa from the buyer if whether they will hire meor not Sad but congrats also im happy for your you.
ggabay
ggabay
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Empty Pwede magtanong?

Post by Mhargic Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Kelan GEB dito? Very Happy

Kailangan makilala ng lubos ang admin tongue
Mhargic
Mhargic
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://mssmargie-in-travel-and-living.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emz Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Mhargic wrote:Kelan GEB dito? Very Happy

Kailangan makilala ng lubos ang admin tongue
Emz
Emz
PinoyDesk Administrator
PinoyDesk Administrator

https://pinoydesk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melbz Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:53 pm

hey Emz kelan nga kaya??? Let's work something out guys...hehehhehe I'm in GEB tayo!!! TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Icon_cool
melbz
melbz

Back to top Go down

Post by CertifiedFreelance Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Ang saya naman kung mag GEB. Unfortunately i'm too far. I'm currently based here in Cebu.

Thanks for the tips too. Your ideas are very practical. They almost nail what I have said in my blog. (plugging) if you might be interested in reading you can find it here. Six Essentials in Winning a Freelance Job Bid
CertifiedFreelance
CertifiedFreelance
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://certifiedfreelance.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melbz Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Thank you Certified Freelance!!! I just wrote based on experience :-) I will check out the blog if I can find time.. Check mine too.... www.melbanotario.blogspot.com it is hardly done but tips and experiences are there...I am a newbie in the blogging world!

As for the GEB, well, CF i will pray you get more jobs then you can come to luzon heheheheh then we can all see eachother...... I'm in but I think its best we go invite more people to join pinoydesk and set it up...what do you think Emz???
melbz
melbz

Back to top Go down

Post by CertifiedFreelance Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Great! Unfortunately, i have too much on my plate now to accommodate another work. Saktong 6hrs nalang tulog ko. I've actually been wanting to join a community of freelancers and I guess this will be great place to start. And if this gets really organized as a legitimate union of freelancers i'd certainly be keen to be one of the first on the bandwagon.

Thanks in advance for the visit.
CertifiedFreelance
CertifiedFreelance
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://certifiedfreelance.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mhargic Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Emz

Hope to hear from u soon

before i leave again for a cruise

http://missmargie-in-travel-and-living.blogspot.com
Mhargic
Mhargic
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://mssmargie-in-travel-and-living.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mayan Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:58 am

GEB sounds good.... mejo tahimik pa kc PinoyDesk. Wink

mayan
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecasaljr Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Pinoy Desk will rise!
ecasaljr
ecasaljr
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://pinoyvfx.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrcool07 Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:42 am

hello po paano po ba mga apply nang job talagang wla po akong alam...Very Happy

Mrcool07
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://Youtube...

Back to top Go down

Post by outlaw18 Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:09 am

what's wrong with my profile? Or is it my cover letter? please help me guys. tips or tutorial on how to market myself on odesk. what's the secret to get hired?
outlaw18
outlaw18
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by rrpidor Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 am

outlaw18 wrote:what's wrong with my profile? Or is it my cover letter? please help me guys. tips or tutorial on how to market myself on odesk. what's the secret to get hired?

in application form.. put all your advantages against other applicants, put some power words that will help you move to the next level..DON'T COPY & PASTE your application

there's is no secret to be hired, manage and organize your application letters,resume,profile,pictures and also your manner.. it's just like applying into big company or a walk in applicant that you need to be dressed well and market/offer your skills to the company.

rrpidor
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravian Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Nice tips.. Hopefully maging successful din tong pinoydesk kagay sa odesk.

More Power to all of us!

Gravian
Gravian
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

TIPs for Newbies.....from mamee melbz Empty hello poh

Post by mayleneguanzon Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:48 am

gud day poh>>>

im really intrested about this job but for now i dont have any idea..
i already have odesk account about 75 pc.. and i already have sched in interview in 1 of job i applied.. data collection job but i dont have a idea for that....
could you be my mentor mam?..... plzzzzzzzzzzz
mayleneguanzon
mayleneguanzon
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down