Pinoydesk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pinoydesk
Pinoydesk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for Odesk.

+4
ecasaljr
Jessie
odeskguide
Emz
8 posters

Go down

Tips for Odesk. Empty Tips for Odesk.

Post by Emz Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:14 pm

This is a part of my post in odesk forum.

*TIP # 1 : make a good profile, make it 100% complete and you will get 20job maximum candidacies. The more job you apply at, the more chances of getting one.

After having a good profile, I started my job hunt. And in every of my application letter I include my skype and yahoo messenger account.

*TIP # 2 : Download Skype : Most of the employers here use skype. And giving your skype id to them will give them a chance to talk to you ASAP. ---- Odesk say's this is illegal... well sometimes you have to do illegal things dba. hahhaa.. or you can just mention to the buyer that you have a skype id.

Btw, I started using odesk seriously Oct 6. I got a interview Oct 7. for a youtube video creation. The employer interviewed me tru skype.

*TIP # 3: While being interviewed, show the employer that you are very interested in the job. going as far as creating a on the spot sample while being interviewed. in my case. i made a on the spot video to assess my skill and turn around time.

After which I got hired! yeah! And I did all my best for the project.

TIP # 4: Establish a good connection with the employer. Buddy up with your employer but maintain a professional outlook. Give fast turnaroud for the project given you. If you have a good rapor with the buyer you can even ask them if they have other assignments available that you can do. (thats what i did)

Also, even thou you have a insisting job. Look for another one if you can. But dont compromise your service.

Odesk is a great site. If you have other questions, feel free to email me or message me
Goodluck!

Regards,

Emmanuel

IF YOU HAVE OTHER TIPS PLS POST IT HERE.
Emz
Emz
PinoyDesk Administrator
PinoyDesk Administrator

https://pinoydesk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tips for Odesk. Empty Re: Tips for Odesk.

Post by odeskguide Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Nice forum bro! Hope many Filipino Provider will go here to seek an advice and share their experiences as well.

Uhmm, I totally I agree with you in terms of skype. Most of the buyes prefer using it rather than Yahoo Messenger and Gtalk. But still, try to create an account and download all the possible messenger like Skype, MSN, Gtalk and Yahoo Messenger. I have it all installed in my laptop. haha.. lol!

Regarding you tip #2, yeah, its fun to do the illegal things. hehe. I did it also when I am still starting but back then I still don't know the rules that you can't put your email directly to your cover letter. Just mention the following messenger that you have to the buyer so that they can contact you. Its better to be sure than to be sorry later. Smile. But all in all, I bet all these tips mentioned by Emz is very helpful to new providers. Keep it up bro and Good Luck!

And I think the greatest TIP of all is to be Patient and never QUIT!

Best Regards,
Rikki
odeskguide
odeskguide
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://www.odeskguide.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks for Emz and rikki for the tips. You guys are awesome. PLease post more when u have time so that us newbies can keep learning.
Jessie
Jessie
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecasaljr Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks for the tips! Medyo confused pa rin po ako sa Odesk hindi ko pa po natry magsearch ng jobs. Need help for paypal account to be active!

Tips for Odesk. PinoyVFX-pinoyvfxtk-English-and-Tag
ecasaljr
ecasaljr
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

http://pinoyvfx.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by r0ce Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:15 pm

[quote="ecasaljr"]Thanks for the tips! Medyo confused pa rin po ako sa Odesk hindi ko pa po natry magsearch ng jobs. Need help for paypal account to be active!

try reading this. It may help you

https://pinoydesk.forumotion.com/pinoydesk-newbie-f1/modifying-payment-methods-t109.htm
r0ce
r0ce
PinoyDesk Pledge
PinoyDesk Pledge

http://www.mylot.com/mauricel

Back to top Go down

Post by outlaw18 Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Ano po ang consequences kung maglagay ka ng Skype ID sa cover letter mo?

Last edited by outlaw18 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled)
outlaw18
outlaw18
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Tips for Odesk. Empty i am really interested about the job...

Post by mayleneguanzon Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:28 am

gud am, Sir

i am maylene i really intersted about the job but i dont have any idea how to start with it... i already have a odesk acount about 75 pc in profile, and already have schedule in interviews in one the employeers i applied... the job was data collection it seems so easy but i dont have idea how to start.... anbody can help me plzzzz......
mayleneguanzon
mayleneguanzon
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by outlaw18 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:11 am

Just relax. Maraming first timer na ganyan din ang feeling. Pero OK lang yan. Basta kung meron kang hindi maintindihan, don't hesitate to ask question. Keysa magtrabaho ka in the middle of nowhere. Ako nga ganyan din pero marami kang mababasa na tips na makakatulong sayo. Isa na 'tong pinoydesk ang nakatulong sa akin.
outlaw18
outlaw18
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by r0ce Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 pm

mayleneguanzon wrote:gud am, Sir

i am maylene i really intersted about the job but i dont have any idea how to start with it... i already have a odesk acount about 75 pc in profile, and already have schedule in interviews in one the employeers i applied... the job was data collection it seems so easy but i dont have idea how to start.... anbody can help me plzzzz......

Hi Mylene,

It is nice to know that you had an interview.

If you really are interested in the job you applied, make it sure that you read the job description carefully all the answer is in there especially what the buyer/employer want. If you think that you can't understand one part of the interview you can alway politely ask them what confuses you. Remember that most of them are willing to train you and will give you all the information your needed.

There are different types of data entry if you notice... some of them are copy and paste, retyping, data gathering. read you application again. Always be honest to them specially when you don't have the idea, but make it sure and guarantee to them that you are very interested in the job and willing to learn.

Hope that this help you...
r0ce
r0ce
PinoyDesk Pledge
PinoyDesk Pledge

http://www.mylot.com/mauricel

Back to top Go down

Post by calo_mariam Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi.

First of all, thank you for the tips. It really helped to motivate me to be more patient here in oDesk. May I ask something? I am a Newbie by the way and is SCARED. well, not at all scared but my anxiety is UP.

May I know what types of interviews I am to expect here in odesk? especially in using skype accounts etc. Mahirap po ba ang mga interview? gaano po ba kahirap? will they be strict?

calo_mariam
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down