Pinoydesk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pinoydesk
Pinoydesk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

other providers' replies getting to my personal email

2 posters

Go down

other providers' replies getting to my personal email Empty other providers' replies getting to my personal email

Post by mjing Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:21 pm

hello to everyone...

i just got my 1st assignment (after waiting for months) & i followed the buyer's instructions as to how i can get started --- but how come im also getting the other providers' replies to the buyer right in my hotmail inbox? im getting confused & i don't know how to deal w/ it. this is my 1st assignment, but the buyer didn't mention that i will be working w/ a team. i don't want to do anything yet lest im sure it's really ok.

anyone help clear everything for me regarding this please? thanks a lot...

& yes, im glad Emz built this site for all the filipino online providers. the best of luck to everybody here & more power to the Filipinos!
mjing
mjing
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

other providers' replies getting to my personal email Empty Re: other providers' replies getting to my personal email

Post by weng1009 Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 pm

mjing wrote:hello to everyone...

i just got my 1st assignment (after waiting for months) & i followed the buyer's instructions as to how i can get started --- but how come im also getting the other providers' replies to the buyer right in my hotmail inbox? im getting confused & i don't know how to deal w/ it. this is my 1st assignment, but the buyer didn't mention that i will be working w/ a team. i don't want to do anything yet lest im sure it's really ok.

anyone help clear everything for me regarding this please? thanks a lot...

& yes, im glad Emz built this site for all the filipino online providers. the best of luck to everybody here & more power to the Filipinos!

Hello...just like you I just got my first assignment and just got paid today for the 10 hrs. work. Just want to answer your question why other providers' replies to the buyer also got in your inbox. I also experience the same thing and this happens when the provider replies to the thread and so it replies to all those included in the thread. Buyers usually hires many freelancers to be able to complete the project that is why you work in a team. The team consists of those hired by the Buyer to do the project. From what I experience, some of the providers tried to reply to the thread to inform everyone what the buyer wants. Actually the buyer wants to reply to him in his personal email but the providers replied in the thread instead. I think it is okay to inform them about it with the nice choice of words.

Like you, I am also a newbie in oDesk but I am telling you this based from experience and what I have read from some of the forums.

Hope this helps.

Weng

weng1009
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

other providers' replies getting to my personal email Empty Re: other providers' replies getting to my personal email

Post by mjing Thu May 13, 2010 4:52 pm

hi Weng Smile

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i went to oDesk help (via chat) regarding that issue and they told me the same thing. I emailed the rest of the team and that seemed to help.

Have a nice day and thanks again for the reply.

Jing
mjing
mjing
Super Newbie
Super Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum